1. Barcelona’s museums are world-renowned and with a whopping 55 museums in all, tourist may be overwhelmed with where to start. The Picasso Museum by far is the most popular as it features some prized early works. Featuring more than 3,500 pieces, this museum is a must-see. The museum also displays 42 pieces of ceramic ware that were bequeathed to the museum by Jaqueline Picasso. For art enthusiasts, the other museum highlights are Museu Del Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia and La Pedrera by Antoni Gaudi.
2. The largest of San Sebastian’s beaches is Concha beach. Its calm waters and over 2 kilometers of pristine golden sand are known for its amenities such as indoor and outdoor showers, lockers and changing rooms. Ondarreta beach which is a family favorite is characterized by children’s club and canoeing facilities. Zurriola beach is a great surfing locale and has a reputable surfing school where you can learn to hang ten while on vacation!
3. If adventure sports are your thing, then Barcelona will never disappoint. With its almost year long terrific weather and bountiful terrain, one can always count on Barcelona to deliver whether it is dragon boat racing; ballooning, paintballing or kayaking that sparks one’s interests. In fact, for tourists whose main focus is adventure, tours catering specifically to the adrenaline junky are available.
4. For the foodie in all of us, Barcelona is known for its Tapas and wine tours. Imagine enjoying finger foods such as albondigas and calamares while trying different vintages of Rioja wines! Wine tastings in Barcelona are a popular tourist activity and when combined with an assortment of tapas to sample, it really does not get any better!
5. Visiting the harbor front that features a marina smack in the centre of Barcelona is a sight for the senses especially with the L’aquarium Barcelona where diving with sharks and sleeping with sharks is an activity the entire family will enjoy. After a leisurely day at the marina, finish off the evening with dinner at one of the many 5 star restaurants only a stone’s throw away.
Renting a holiday apartment in Barcelona is an excellent option that will give tourists the comfort of home along with being affordable whether your stay is for a couple of days or a month. These fully-furnished apartments can accommodate groups of any size and come with many amenities that a hotel provides but without the hefty price-tag.
Incoming search terms:
- 5 must visit in barcelona
- why visit barcelona